Friday, August 10, 2012

Catrice Saran Wrap Nails

I stumbled upon the "saran wrap mani," and fell in love with the technique. It's SUPER easy too, and (in my opinion), classier than crackle.

All you have to do is:
1. Cut up a small square or two of plastic wrap, crumple into a ball
2. Base coat
3. Color #1
4. Color #2 and quickly! dab with the cling wrap to your liking
5. Top coat
6. Clean up!

This is Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans alone
Gosh, I wish those blue sparkles in the bottle were visible on the nail....
You can just *barely* see the shimmer in it
Cartice Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans is a dusty, medium-dark greenish blue. It has bright blue hidden shimmer, that just doesn't show on the nail...so sad, but it's still a gorgeous color! I have to say, it had some problems with application...it was a bit thick and prone to bald patches for my taste. It also didn't self-level especially well. Even then, I still like it because the color is so bootyful!

Then, I added a coat of Catrice London Weather Forecast one nail at a time, dabbing with saran wrap. Magic!!
Luuuurve! When I was maybe 13, I painted my room by rag rolling, and this is the same effect, I love it! What do you think?

- <3 Christie


No comments:

Post a Comment